Up: Electricity and Magnetism
- How, in terms of electric charges, is ``static cling'' explained?
- If an electric field exists to the right, in which direction
would a positive charge move if placed in that field?
- For an Ohmic material, decreasing the potential difference
applied across it will cause the current to do what?
- If electricity costs $0.10 perl kilowatt-hour, how much would
it cost to run a 1000 Watt heater for 10 hours?
- What is one way that electric charge and magnetic ``charge'' are
similar? What is one way that they differ?
- What fundamental property of electricity and magnetism is
behind the operation of the following devices:
- electric motor
- electric generator
- magnetic tape recorder
- magnetic tape reader
- Why, in an electromagnet, is a ferromagnetic core often
- What is one basic electric and one basic magnetic property of